Maurer-Stutz is seeking a licensed/registered professional engineer with a minimum of five (5) years of professional design experience to continue growth of our existing agricultural services team. Maurer-Stutz currently maintains offices in Illinois and Indiana. The position entails consulting with farmers and agribusinesses with a particular emphasis on working with livestock and poultry producers.
The ideal applicant is licensed (or registered) as a professional engineer. Experience in livestock production is a plus. Primary activities include design of livestock waste systems, site/grading design, storm water and erosion control design, assistance with permitting, development of comprehensive nutrient management plans (CNMP’s) including conceptual planning for addressing resource concerns at existing facilities in addition to managing projects or assisting project managers.
Full time position. Pay to be commensurate with experience. Periodic travel required within Illinois and other Midwestern states.
- Write Manure/Nutrient Management and/or Comprehensive Nutrient Management Plans (CNMPs).
- Planning Phase Services such as facility inventories/surveys, evaluation of existing facilities/resource concerns, conceptual planning/design, quantities, opinion of probable construction costs and site/soils investigations.
- Design livestock and waste systems and sites including use of AutoCAD/Civil3D.
- Develop project construction plans and specifications.
- Assistance with permitting new and expanding livestock facilities, agrichemical handling/storage facilities and compliance with permit requirement/regulations.
- Construction Phase Services including construction checks/observation, developing record drawings, materials testing, etc. to help assure general conformance with project plans and specifications.
- Project/Client Management or assisting client managers and project managers.
- Working knowledge and familiarity with livestock/poultry operations including dairy, beef, swine, layers, turkeys, etc. and Midwestern US crop production.
- Strong work ethic and communication skills.
- Ability to work and learn in a team environment.
- Self-starter with strong time-management and organizational skills.
- Technical familiarity with agricultural and livestock practices.
Majors – Bachelor of Science in engineering fields such as agricultural, civil or related.
Send resume/application to HR Director at mailing address below.
Maurer-Stutz, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please send us your completed application, cover letter, and resume to:
Attn: HR Director
3116 N. Dries Lane, Suite 100
Peoria, IL 61604
Maurer-Stutz, Inc. possesses over 30 years of experience in its employees and in its predecessor firms. Currently there are over 35 employees on our payroll. If you are a team player and can also work independently in a great work environment, then Maurer-Stutz, Inc. is the place for you to be.
You can build your career in Agricultural Engineering, Environmental Services, Hydrology/Hydraulics/Stormwater Management, Information Technology Services, Land Surveying and Development, Structural Engineering/Design/Evaluations, Transportation Planning and Engineering, Wastewater Collection, Pumping and Treatment Water Storage, Distribution and Treatment or in an administrative position involving accounting or clerical.
Maurer-Stutz, Inc. offers not only a competitive wage, but an outstanding benefits program that includes the following:
Group Health Insurance
The Company maintains a group policy for medical insurance for all full time employees and their dependents. The Company pays a majority of the premium for the individual and dependents, and the remaining portion is paid by the employee through payroll deductions.
Dental and Vision Insurance
The company offers dental and vision insurance to full time employees and their dependents. Employees are responsible for the premiums for these benefits through payroll deductions.
Group Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
The Company maintains short and long term disability insurance for full time employees. The company pays 100% of the disability insurance.
The Company maintains a $50,000 life insurance for all full time employees. Additional Voluntary life is also available to employees if they choose to purchase it.
Section 125 Cafeteria Flex One Plan
The Company sponsors and administers in-house a Section 125 pre tax Cafeteria program known as Flex One Plan.
The Company has a 401(k) Safe Harbor plan with a company contribution of 3% of annual salary regardless of employee contribution level. Employees may designate pre tax wages to be invested in the plan if they choose to do so.