Maurer-Stutz, Inc. is seeking to fill an entry level position to continue growth of our existing agricultural services team in our Peoria, IL office. The position entails consulting with farmers with a particular emphasis on working with livestock and poultry producers.
The applicant should have or be working towards a bachelor’s of science in agronomy, crop sciences, agricultural science or related field. Primary activities will include assistance with development of comprehensive nutrient management plans for the application of manure and supplemental fertilizer on various crops along with provisions for proper application and manure management practices.
Position is for a full time employment with pay commensurate with experience and qualifications. Periodic travel required within Illinois or other Midwestern states.
- Assist with and write Manure Nutrient Management Plans and Comprehensive Nutrient Management Plans (CNMPs).
- Assist in Planning Phase Services such as facility inventories, evaluation of existing facilities/resource concerns, surveying, and soils investigations.
- Assistance with permitting new and expanding livestock facilities, agrichemical handling/storage facilities and compliance with permit requirement/regulations.
- Assist in Construction Phase Services including construction checks/observation, developing record drawings, materials testing, etc. to help assure general conformance with project plans and specifications.
- Work with clients, client managers and project managers on various projects.
- Have, or will obtain, a Bachelor of Science in agricultural related field.
- Technically familiar in agronomy and agricultural practices.
- Working knowledge and familiarity with livestock/poultry operations including dairy, beef, swine, layers, turkeys, etc. and Midwestern US crop production.
- Strong work ethic and communication skills.
- Ability to work and learn in a team environment.
- Self-starter with strong time management and organizational skills.
Majors – Agronomy/Crop/Agricultural Sciences or related agricultural Field of Study
Send resume/application to HR Director at mailing address below.
Attn: HR Director
3116 N. Dries Lane, Suite 100
Peoria, IL 61604
You may also send applications and resumes to Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Maurer-Stutz, Inc. possesses over 30 years of experience in its employees and in its predecessor firms. Currently there are over 35 employees on our payroll. If you are a team player and can also work independently in a great work environment, then Maurer-Stutz, Inc. is the place for you to be.
You can build your career in Agricultural Engineering, Environmental Services, Hydrology/Hydraulics/Stormwater Management, Information Technology Services, Land Surveying and Development, Structural Engineering/Design/Evaluations, Transportation Planning and Engineering, Wastewater Collection, Pumping and Treatment Water Storage, Distribution and Treatment or in an administrative position involving accounting or clerical.
Maurer-Stutz, Inc. offers not only a competitive wage, but an outstanding benefits program that includes the following:
Group Health Insurance
The Company maintains a group policy for medical insurance for all full time employees and their dependents. The Company pays a majority of the premium for the individual and dependents, and the remaining portion is paid by the employee through payroll deductions.
Dental and Vision Insurance
The company offers dental and vision insurance to full time employees and their dependents. Employees are responsible for the premiums for these benefits through payroll deductions.
Group Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
The Company maintains short and long term disability insurance for full time employees. The company pays 100% of the disability insurance.
The Company maintains a $50,000 life insurance for all full time employees. Additional Voluntary life is also available to employees if they choose to purchase it.
Section 125 Cafeteria Flex One Plan
The Company sponsors and administers in-house a Section 125 pre tax Cafeteria program known as Flex One Plan.
The Company has a 401(k) Safe Harbor plan with a company contribution of 3% of annual salary regardless of employee contribution level. Employees may designate pre tax wages to be invested in the plan if they choose to do so.